The straps come in packs of 3.
These wheelie bin lid straps are great for keeping the lid closed during high winds.
They are fastened using marine grade stainless steel 316 A4 snap fasteners
, so they will not rust, even in salt water environments.
I contacted the local council about this design and their response was encouraging.
There would be no risk of injury and wouldnt get tangled in the loaders compared to the bungee cord and hook style. Their strength
These snap fasteners are DOT brand, used on heavy duty boat covers and have great strength. Their snap action is tough, takes a little force to pop on and off so perfect for this application. I have had these on my bins for years now and they do a brilliant job. When it is collection day , I simply leave it unfastened as some councils may not like having to fasten and unfasten each time. In saying that, some councils may prefer to have a lock in place that is simple and effective to unfasten to save rubbish messing up the streets. Fitting guide
- All you need is a star screw driver.
- The snap fastener screws supplied are self tapers.
- They simply screw into the bin lid and side of the bin.
- It's best to fit one first and snap the strap into place.
- Then pull the strap tight to position and mark your second screw location.
- Always best to have them nice and tight.
- So when marking the last hole, screw the stud 1mm or 2mm further away.
- To help: Always have the wind hitting the back of the bin (non opening side)
The straps are aprox 17cm long and the caps are roughly 12cm to 13cm apart.
We post everyday with Royal Mail 24.
Shipping is free for UK customers
We also can offer to upgrade to
RM 24 tracked or Next day guaranteed
DHL Express (Next day - 2 days) if paid before 3pm
DHL Economy (2 - 4 days) if paid before 3pm
We may send economy if the weight above 2kg
Royal Mail International Tracked ( 5 - 10 days )
DHL Express ( Next day to 2 days )